HELICOPTERS, HEROES, HARD WORK AND ANOTHER FLARE
We wanted to recognise and thank our team who just completed yet another flare tip replacement with a perfect safety record, on time and on budget. Great work guys !
We also wanted to thank the other specialists who we worked with and our client for great engagement and communication during planning and execution.
Congratulations to all for a job well done
We’ve previously shared some of our lessons learned around this specialist package but we’ve built on that and added an additional two learning we wanted to share
- Selecting and engaging experienced and culturally aligned individuals, you know you can trust sets you up for success;
- Having contingent skill sets (even if not required for the base scope) allows for adaptability and flexibility;
- Early engagement in project planning is crucial;
- Collaboration between all stakeholders is a must;
- The better the project planning phase is the better your productivity on implementation is;
- Engaging your front-line team delivering the project in the planning phase achieves unprecedented commitment to safety excellence and success in delivery;
- Each flare comes with its own challenges, no flare or associated structure are ever the same;
- Front-line leadership is the difference between a good project and a great project;
- Even if you have the best available kit that’s brand new, always have contingencies available;
- A good project close out needs the full suite of stakeholders to realise the value of your lessons learned going forward.