Mini-ROV Systems Project Completions
During 2018 we have completed multiple diverse campaigns for this client:
- Calm buoy inspection completed from the FSO (no vessel)
- Asset platform inspection completed from the platform (no vessel)
- Full Field survey pipeline, wellhead and anchor inspections (from a small non-DP vessel)
- Seismic survey subcontracted EGS survey (from a small non-DP vessel).
Some more detailed project information can be found below along with a video link to some highlights captured during the projects.
Mini ROV Full Field Survey, calm buoy and platform jacket inspection
Asset / platform deployed Mini-ROV was used to inspect the underwater jacket structure using HD cameras, proximity and contact Cathodic Protection, and HP blasting tools.
The Mini-ROV was transferred to a small non-DP vessel to complete the full field survey from Calm Buoy, pipelines, well heads and anchors. The full field survey (including jacket) was completed in 18 days.
The Vertech & Geo Oceans Mini-ROV inspection technology has many benefits over traditional manned and remote inspections methods. With continuous innovation to our inspection service capability, the technology can also provide the following benefits:
- Reduced Costs – 80-95% cheaper than divers or work class ROV’s
- Elimination of Health and Safety Risk
- Minimal Impact on Operations
- High Quality Data and Reporting
- Reduced Downtime